Thursday, January 31, 2013

Egypt

          The first thing we did in class was get our pop quizzes back. Unfortunately I didn’t get an A, but I only got one wrong which isn't too bad. Today we also started a new unit on Egypt. Mr. Schick had a presentation ready for us to take notes about. We learned a lot about their way of living. We learned interesting things like how pyramids were designed and the order of importance of people back in that time. We also learned how the Egyptian’s life basically revolved around the Nile River. They used it for bathing, drinking, and for transportation. I also learned that every July it floods, enabling the production of perfect soil in the fall. There, they can grow all kinds of crops to provide for the people. I also learned new things about slaves. I thought that all slaves were treated poorly, but apparently they weren't abused in Egypt. Also, I learned that people now are thinking that slaves didn't build the pyramids. We are now learning that it was most likely willing workers to build these fascinating structures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment